AAPA Mission Statement
Members of the AAPA…
- are connected and supported through a nationwide network of new and experienced psychiatric administrators.
- receive training through AAPA-sponsored lectures, workshops, and courses explicitly designed for psychiatric administrators.
- promote achievement in psychiatric administration and awareness through AAPA-sponsored awards.
- support continuing education and reward excellence in psychiatric administration by co-sponsoring lectures and awards with the APA Committee on Psychiatric Administration and Management.
- develop skills through AAPA-sponsored workshops and programs annually at the APA Meetings and the Institutes of Psychiatric Services.
- advocate for improved mental health care delivery by addressing leadership and management issues.
- exchange valuable information through the quarterly Psychiatrist Administrator, the official publication of the American Association of Psychiatric Administrators.
- benefit from the knowledge and experience of expert members and guest speakers at the AAPA luncheon held during the APA’s annual meeting.
- assist with the preparation of psychiatrists for the APA Certification Examination in Psychiatric Administration and Management.
- create a forum to discuss issues and to convey matters of interest to the community regarding mental health care delivery.
- address issues relevant to the education of psychiatry residents in the theory and practice of administration.
Current Executive Committee List